2 Beginner Tabata Workouts That'll Leave You Breathless
You know Tabata? You don't know Tabata? Ok, let me fill you in:
Tabata intervals consist of 20 seconds work, followed by 10 seconds of rest. You repeat this sequence 7 more times for a total of 8 rounds, or 4 minutes of pain! Tabata workouts are usually constructed with 3-6 exercises performed one after each other.
I will show you two intense tabata workouts for beginners. Now, Tabata is an intense training technique. The only way to modify Tabata for beginners, intermediates, and advanced trainees is to focus on the exercises. Choose exercises that you can perform well, and you'll be successful with Tabata.
Tabata Workouts A
Tabata rounds of:
- Parallel Jump Squat - perform a parallel bodyweight squat, and explode up, jumping as high as possible. Continue for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds. Repeat 7 more times before moving onto the next exercise.
- Plank - Stay in either full plank, or elbow plank position for 20 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds. Repeat 7 more times before moving onto the next exercise.
- Jumping Pullups and Hold - Hold a pullup bar, jump as high as you can, then pull the rest of the distance upto the pullup bar. Hold this top position for the remainder of the 20 seconds. Rest 10 seconds and repeat for another 7 times.
Tabata Workouts B
Tabata rounds of:
- Situps - Lay down on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Curl your body up of the ground so that you are "sitting up." Continue this motion for 20 seconds, with 10 seconds rest. Repeat 7 more times before moving onto the next exercise.
- Chair Squats - Stand in front of a chair. Squat down until you just slightly touch the chair and return to starting position. Perform 8 total tabata rounds.
- Wall Pushups - Place your hands on a sturdy wall. Move your body towards the wall until your nose is just an inch from the wall. Push back to starting position. Perform 8 total tabata rounds.
- Decline Pushups - Place your hands on a sturdy surface. With your feet on the floor, get into push up position. You should be in a "diagonal" from the ground. Let your body move towards the surface until your chest is just an inch from the surface. Push back to starting position. Perform 8 total tabata rounds.
- Body Swings - Stand straight up with feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Start with your arms elongated straight over your head as if you were trying to touch the sky. Now simultaneously swing your hands towards the ground will pushing your hips back as if you were about to sit down on a chair. Stop the movement until your hands are between your legs. Keep your back straight at all times. Return to starting position by reversing the movement. Perform 8 total tabata rounds.
Use these two workouts to jump start your fitness!